Виниловые пластинки (LP)
ПОП, рок, джаз на CD
Рецензия от издателяFrank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention released this double album in 1969 which was originally developed as "No Commercial Potential" a project which spawned 3 other albums sharing a conceptual connection: "We're Only In It For the Money", "Lumpy Gravy" and "Cruising With Ruben & The Jets". The album was to serve as a soundtrack to a science fiction film which never was completed due to the lack of funding. Zappa did release a film containing test footage from the project in 1987. The album cover actually shows the title as Uncle Meat (Most of the Music From the Mother's Movie of the Same Name Which We Haven't Got Enough Money To Finish Yet). The album contains a diverse style of music with influences of jazz, orchestral, blues and rock music. Uncle Meat has been praised for its innovative recording and editing techniques including experiments in tape speed and overdubbing , and diverse sound. This version is pressed on 180 gram vinyl. It was cut by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman mastering.
Рецензия от издателяFrank Zappa: Uncle Meat 2xLP - Vinyl-Doppel-LP im 12"-Format (30,48 cm Durchmesser), herausgegeben 2013 in Europa von Zappa Records (0238391), Barcode: 824302383919 // 180 gram remastered vinyl reissue of the 1969 released album, double LP in gatefold sleeve // Genre: Rock / Jazz von Frank Zappa und Mothers
|A1||Uncle Meat: Main Title Theme||1:56|
|A2||The Voice Of Cheese||0:26|
|A3||Nine Types Of Industrial Pollution||6:02|
|A5||Dog Breath, In The Year Of The Plague||3:59|
|A6||The Legend Of The Golden Arches||3:27|
|A7||Louie Louie (At The Royal Albert Hall In London)|
Composed By – Richard Berry
|A8||The Dog Breath Variations||1:50|
|B1||Sleeping In A Jar||0:50|
|B2||Our Bizarre Relationship||1:05|
|B3||The Uncle Meat Variations||4:46|
|B4||Electric Aunt Jemima||1:46|
|B5||Prelude To King Kong||3:39|
|B6||God Bless America (Live At The Whisky A Go Go)|
Written-By [Uncredited] – Irving Berlin
|B7||A Pound For A Brown On The Bus||1:29|
|B8||Ian Underwood Whips It Out (Live On Stage In Copenhagen)||5:09|
|C1||Mr. Green Genes||3:13|
|C2||We Can Shoot You||2:03|
|C3||"If We'd All Been Living In California..."||1:14|
|C6||Cruising For Burgers||2:18|
|D1||King Kong Itself (As Played By The Mothers In A Studio)||0:51|
|D2||King Kong (Its Magnificence As Interpreted By Dom DeWild)||1:19|
|D3||King Kong (As Motorhead Explains It)||1:45|
|D4||King Kong (The Gardner Varieties)||6:14|
|D5||King Kong (As Played By 3 Deranged Good Humor Trucks)||0:37|
|D6||King Kong (Live On A Flat Bed Diesel In The Middle Of A Race Track At A Miami Pop Festival... The Underwood Ramifications)||7:24|
- Design [Package Designed By] – Cal Schenkel
- Drums – Jimmy Carl Black
- Drums [Some Tracks] – Billy (The Oozer) Mundi*
- Drums, Timpani, Vibraphone, Marimba, Xylophone, Wood Block, Bells, Chimes [Small] – Artie (With The Green Mustache) Tripp*
- Electric Bass, Soprano Vocals [Pachuco Falsetto], Other [Cheeseburgers] – Roy Estrada
- Electric Piano, Other [Tarot Cards, Brown Rice] – Don (Dom De Wild) Preston*
- Engineer – Richard Kunc (Dynamite Dick)*
- Engineer [Sunset Sound] – Jerry Hansen
- Guitar, Vocals [Low Grade], Percussion, Producer, Composed By, Arranged By – Frank Zappa
- Lacquer Cut By – CB*
- Marimba, Vibraphone [Many Tracks, Special Thanks] – Ruth Komanoff
- Mastered By – Chris Bellman
- Organ [Electric], Piano, Harpsichord, Celesta [Celeste], Flute, Clarinet, Alto Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone, Copyist, Other [Special Assistance, Industrial Relations, Teen Appeal] – Ian Underwood
- Piccolo Flute, Clarinet, Flute, Bass Clarinet, Soprano Saxophone, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Bassoon – Bunk (Sweetpants) Gardner*
- Soprano Vocals, Harmony Vocals – Nelcy Walker (tracks: A5, B3)
- Technician – Lou Lindauer
- Tenor Saxophone, Tambourine – Euclid James (Motorhead/Motorishi) Sherwood*
- Transferred By [Analog Master Tape To Digital, Restoration] – Joe Travers
- Vocals – Ray Collins
- Voice [Uncredited, Voice Of Cheese, Suzy Creamcheese] – Pamela Zarubica
This is Official Release #6.
Source: Original 1968 Analog Stereo Master Digital Transfer
For best sonics (the original edit master for Uncle Meat unfortunately in sections suffers from oxide loss due to tape age and bad storage conditions), a new hi-res digital patchwork edit master was created in 2013 with all damaged sections restored from safeties in The Vault - Joe Travers.
Contains 12-page 30x30cm full-color book with photo-montages, illustrations & text.
Recorded Oct 1967 through to Feb 1968.
Many overdubs. Clarinets fed through 'Maestro' device, set at 'Oboe D'Amour' with variable speed oscillator [V.S.O.]. Two Pultec Filters, two Lang Equalizers & three Melchor Compressors built into console at Apostolic Studio, N.Y.C.
Recorded on prototype Scully 12-track at 30 ips. Percussion overdubs at Sunset Sound.
This soundtrack album originally released 1969.
|Исполнитель||Mothers of Invention, The (M.O.I.)|Zappa, Frank|
|Жанр||Avantgarde|Comedy // Parody|Doo Wop|Experimental|Fusion|Jazz-Rock|Musique Concrète|Post-Modern|
Frank Zappa - Uncle Meat (180g) отзывы
About this product reviews yet. Be the first!
Теги: Зарубежная музыка LP